Every home purchase should include a preview of new construction, if for no other reason than to provide a reliable ‘price baseline’ to compare existing homes. There are many advantages to purchasing new construction including:
- Choices! Customize your home to suit your needs. Choose your floorplan, elevation, features, colors, upgrades and your home-site within the community.
- Builder Incentives: Most builders offer significant contributions towards buyer closing costs and/or upgrades such as appliances, flooring, countertops, etc.
- Financing: Upgrades can be rolled into the lower interest mortgage and paid for over time. No immediate need to budget for items such as roof, A/C replacement, etc.
- Warranties: Problems? The builder will fix it. Warranties for structural, mechanical, workmanship, and appliances. Little to no maintenance in the early years.
- Energy Costs: New homes are up to 20% more energy efficient than homes built even 5 years ago.
- Homeowners Insurance: Up to 15%. Newly built homes are vastly more Hurricane-proof than older homes and insurers will discount accordingly.
To search for new construction homes click here.